Monday, May 28, 2012

Earned my ears

I've been here for a week now, and I've been busy. After Casting on Monday, I had a housing meeting on Tuesday, Traditions on Wednesday, 'Welcome to Entertainment!' on Thursday, and training from Friday until today. I've been waking up from 6am-7am every day for work at 8 or 9am and working until about 5pm. My 4 fellow CP attendants and I learned about all sorts of guest situations, creating storylines, the basics, the four keys, all that kind of thing. On our third day of training, we went out onstage with characters for the first time! I worked with Gideon (the hobo-looking cat from Pinocchio), Goofy and his son Max, and Pluto. They were all great. Mickey also made an appearance, as did Captain Hook, Smee, Chip and Dale, and Baloo. I worked with Gideon the first set, so he'll always be close to my heart.

Today, I got to work with Rafiki! He's my brother's favorite Disney character, so I was thrilled. Goofy and Max and Captain Hook and Smee were back; Donald Duck, Terk (from Tarzan), King Louie, Meeko, and the Genie were out today! However, because of Tropical Storm Beryl, it started raining and didn't stop all afternoon. The characters went to get dried off, and the attendants went to practice more at Character Spot. It's a room where you can meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, and Goofy in about 10-15 minutes. All you have to do is wait in line and be patient. I worked with Minnie for the first time, which was delightful. She always knows just how to pose!

After I took my assessment test (40 multiple choice questions, I only got 2 wrong!), I ended up talking to a handsome Canadian guy on the bus ride home.

I have a park orientation tomorrow at Epcot, and then I have the afternoon free. I'm going to wander around Epcot, get creme brulee, meet Aladdin and Jasmine, Marie, Belle and the Beast, and Snow White. Then I might head to Magic Kingdom for funsises. My roommates and I are going to House of Blues, and then I have Wednesday off, so I'm going to go play in Magic Kingdom with my roommate Kaitlin! We're going to meet Merida!

Thursday, I work from 5:45am-7pm. I have a 4 hour training shift, and then I work by myself for the first time, with Marie in France! I can't wait. I'm also going to work at Morocco with Aladdin and Jasmine, and the UK with Pooh and Tigger.

This job is the best. I feel magical!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I was just wondering what the main duties of a character attendant are, and also for attractions? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so exciting! I'll be applying this fall for Spring 2013, so it will be fun to read all about your experiences!
    Also, I have to say....I am extremely jealous that you have a picture with Flynn....AND that you've met Daniel Radcliffe. I'm a Harry Potter nut as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've noticed with other people who keep blogs about what they do while in the Disney College Program, they'd go strong with blogging but eventually go two-three weeks without updating and come back apologing for not updating more often because they're busy living the Disney College Program. It's funny. I've never done the DCP but would like to someday.

    ReplyDelete