Sunday, March 4, 2012

Things to know about the College Program

-You will learn to speak a completely different language.
CP - You.
ICP - International kids. They're wonderful.
ER - Early Release from work.
EPCOT - Every Paycheck Comes On Thursday
-Vista Way, Patterson and Chatham are the apartment complexes where you can live. ICPs live in the Commons. Vista Way is the cheapest (just for a 3 bedroom) but the oldest.
-Traditions is amazing.
-You will probably hate your costume. At least at first.
-Brazilian guests will expect you to speak Portuguese. You don’t. They do.  It sucks sometimes.
-You will make the greatest friends ever.
-You will be working a ton and getting paid minimum wage for it. Accept it.
-You’re going to want a car.
-Your 20% Cast Member discount is amazing! Your 40%-50% holiday discount is even better.
-You will want to buy everything.
-You will probably spend all your money. Try not to. Most CPs come home in debt.
-You will never get tired of playing in the parks.
-Work is based on a point system. With write-ups. Those are really bad. Try not to get any. I left my first CP with 1.5 points on my record card.
-Always go to work. You get 2 days off a week. It's not worth calling out.
-If you get termed from Disney, it's hard to get work with the company again.
-There are a ton of rules when it comes to housing. Follow all of them, or you might get termed.
-You will get homesick. No exceptions.
-Take pictures. Of everything.
-House of Blues is the best. Techno on Sundays, Salsa on Tuesdays. Disney Cast Members get in for free, and girls get free drinks till midnight. I went almost every time, and loved it.
-Take advantage of all the things you can do and go to for free. Your white Disney ID is fantastic.
-They’re “guests”, not “customers”. Some of them are really rude. But you have to smile and be courteous to all.
-You will learn to talk to strangers. About anything.
-You will offer to take someone’s picture without even thinking about it.
-The Disney Point. Once you learn it, it never goes away. ‎

8 comments:

  1. You're dumb sweetie because you CAN work for Disney if you get termed. You're a dumb ass. Get your facts straight. K THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll change that.

      Delete
    2. Ignore the stupid anon. If you get termed you get put on a list that states they cannot rehire you for X amount of time. It's not so bad.

      Delete
    3. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

      Delete
  2. I start my first program in 7 days! Reading this makes me even more excited... (I've never even been to Disney in my life!) I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was icp and lived at vista :)

    ..and I never once got homesick!!!
    Why? ... I was home :D

    Your friend britt (aus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got termed they told me there is a process and two different types. a regular which I forgot the name of and no-rehire, which doesnt mean they wont rehire you. It means you have to wait at least six months and prove that you held down a job for a year, regardless. But with a no rehire you have to write an apology letter to the company.
    And I'm more Disney sick than I was ever homesick.
    But the Disney point is very true...Never goes away

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know if you are on a no rehire list? i got very ill during my cp and ended up getting termed because i did not keep track of the point system ( my fault entirely) but trying to keep up my health and work 65 + hours a week just became impossible.. I'm now trying to get back in with the company because it's my dream to work with them but i've applied twice and got my rejection email a week later.. Im not sure if it's my interview or because of getting termed. :/. any help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete